The absolute configuration of echitamine iodide by the X-ray technique
The absolute configuration of echitamine iodide has been determined by the Bijvoet technique, making use of the intensity differences betweenhkl and\(\bar h \bar k \bar l\) reflections due to the anomalous scattering of CuKa radiation by the iodine atom. The various steps in the procedure are discussed in detail in this paper.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- International Tables for X-ray Crystallography, 1952,1, Birmingham: Kynoch Press.Google Scholar
- Manohar, H. and Ramaseshan, S.Curr. Sci., 1961,30, 5.Google Scholar
- ----- ..Tetrahedron Letters, 1961a, No. 22, 814.Google Scholar
- Okaya, Y. and Pepinsky, R. ..Computing Methods and the Phase Problem in X-ray Crystal Analysis, Permagon Press, 1961.Google Scholar
- Peerdeman, A. F., van Bommel, A. J. and Bijvoet, J. M.Proc. Koninkl. Ned. Akad. Wetenschap., 1951,54B, 16.Google Scholar
- Vaidya, S. N. and Ramaseshan, S.International Symposium on Crystallography and Protein Structures, Academic Press, London, 1963.Google Scholar