Gas amplification in proportional counters
- 32 Downloads
The variation of gas amplification with applied voltage is an important characteristic of a proportional counter. Results of studies on gas amplification for gas fillings of argon quenched with ethane and carbon dioxide are given. The effects of (a) pressure, (b) quenching agent and (c) concentration on A are discussed briefly.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Colli, L. and Facchini, U...Physica, 1952,18, 1272.Google Scholar
- 2.Curran, S. C. and Craggs, J. D.Counting Tubes, Butterworths, 1949.Google Scholar
- 3.Elmore and Sands ..Electronics—Experimental Techniques, McGraw-Hill, 1949.Google Scholar
- 7.Rossi, B. and Staub, H. ..Ionisation Chambers and Counters, McGraw-Hill, 1948.Google Scholar
- 9.Venkatasubramanian, V. S.Jour. Ind. Inst. Sci., 1957,39, 125.Google Scholar