Preparation and properties of peroxy titanium malonate
- 18 Downloads
The method of preparation and physicochemical properties of peroxy titanium malonate, TiO2(OOC)2CH2·3H2O are given. The reasons for the poor complexing tendency of malonic acid are discussed. The nature of the bonds between titanium and the peroxy as well as malonate groups is assigned from spectrophotometric and infra-red absorption studies.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kharkar, D. P. and Patel, C. C.Proc. Ind. Acad. Sci., 1956,44 A, 287.Google Scholar
- 2.Jere, G. V. and Patel, C. C.Proc. Symposium on the Chem. of Co-ordination Compounds, Part II, 1960, p. 117 (Nat. Aead. Sci, India).Google Scholar
- 3.Sidgwick, N. V...The Chemical Elements and their Compounds, Vol. II, The Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1950, p. 871.Google Scholar
- 4.Patel, C. C. and Jere, G. V.Proc. 7th International Conference on Co-ordination Chem., Stockholm, 1962, p. 304.Google Scholar
- 5.Prasad, N. S. K. and Patel, C. C.Jour. Ind. Inst. Sci., 1954,36, 23.Google Scholar
- 8.----- ..Z. anorg. allegem. Chem. (In press).Google Scholar
- 15.Cotton, F. A...Modern Co-ordination Chemistry, edited by Lewis, J. and Wilkins, R. G. (Interscience Publishing Co., Inc., New York), 1960, p. 301.Google Scholar