Predictive value of T-cell subset derangements in lung cancer
- 13 Downloads
The proportions of T-lymphocytes, T-lymphocyte subsets, NK cells, DR determinant and interleukin-2 receptor-bearing T-lymphocytes were enumerated in 39 patients with lung cancer prior to any chemotherapy. T-lymphocytes, suppressor/cytotoxic T-cells and interleukin-2 receptor-bearing T-cells were found to be significantly higher in patients responding than in those not responding to chemotherapy. Such mononuclear cell subset analysis by monoclonal antibodies might be additional information to consider before undertaking treatment.
Key wordsLung cancer T-lymphocytes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fujimoto S, Greene M, Sehon A H: Immunosuppressor T cells and their factors in tumor-bearing hosts, in Singhal S K, Sinclair N R (eds):Suppressor Cells in Immunity, pp. 136–148. London, University of Western Ontario Press (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.Stewart A: Childhood cancers and the immune system.Cancer Immun Immunother 9, 11 (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.Youinou P, Lozach P, Clavier J, Labat J P, Meyen P, Charles J F: Le bilan immunitaire en chirurgie carcinologique.J Chir (Paris) 121, 517 (1984).Google Scholar
- 5.Reinherz E L, Schlossman S F: The characterization and function of human immuno-regulatory T lymphocyte subsets, in Inglis J R (ed):T Lymphocytes Today, pp. 104–109. Amsterdam, Elsevier (1983).Google Scholar
- 6.Youinou P, Pennec Y, Tande D, Ferec C, Le Menn G: Age-related modifications of mononuclear cell phenotype.J Gerontol (in press).Google Scholar
- 7.Boyum A: Isolation of leukocytes from human blood.Scand J Clin Lab Invest (suppl) 97, 31 (1968).Google Scholar
- 10.Guarnotta G, Campbell M A, Harte A, Overton T G, Banga J P, Beverley P C L, Lydyard P M, Roitt I M: Analysis of two monoclonal antibodies defining the majority and a subset of human T cells, in Berward A, Boumsell L, Dausset J, Milstein C, Schlossman S F (eds):Lymphocyte Typing, Human Leucocyte Differentiation Antigens Detected by Monoclonal Antibodies, pp. 312–315. Berlin, Springer (1984).Google Scholar