Discovery of a Pliocene stone tool at Yuldan, Hebei Province
- 29 Downloads
The stone tool discovered at Danangou valley of Dongyaozitou village, Yuxian, is the earliest stone tool, the specimen is powerful evidence about ttie origin of the humah culture and the historical age from the ancient ape to the human being. According to the comprehensive studies about the strata, the age was considered to be of Pliocene (about 3 million years) and therefore, the discovery possessed great scientific and theoretical significance.
KeywordsYuxian Pliocene Palaeolith
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.You Yuzhu, Tang Yingjun, Li Yi, The discovery of the Nihewan formation Palaeoliths from Yangyuan, Hebei, Quaternaria Sinica (in Chinese), 1980, 5(1): 1.Google Scholar
- 2.Tang Yingjun, Note a small collection of Early Pleistocene Mammalian fossils from northern Hebei, Vert. Paleontology (in Chinese), 1980, 18(4): 314.Google Scholar
- 3.Tang Yingjun, Ji Hongxiang, A Pliocene-Pleistocene transitional fauna from Yuxian, northern Hebei, Vert. Paleontology (in Chinese), 1983, 21(3): 245.Google Scholar
- 4.Tang Yingjun, Li Yi, Chen Wangyong, Mummalian fossils and the age of Xiaochangliang Paleolithic site of Yangyuan, Hebei, Vert. Paleontology (in Chinese), 1995, 33(1): 74.Google Scholar
- 5.Yang Zigeng, Lin Hemao (eds.), Quaternary stratigraphy in China and its international correlation, A Summary by China National Working Group for International Geological Correlation Programme (IGCP) Project 296 (in Chinese), Beijing: Geologyical Publishing House, 1996, 3–5.Google Scholar