Innervation of the ovary in amphioxus: ultrastructural and immunohistochemical study
- 23 Downloads
The distribution of unmyelinated nerve fiber in the ovary of amphioxus was found with transmission electron microscopic technique for the first time. The fiber is located under the ovary coat, and in close contact with it. There are two types of synaptic vesicles in the terminals of nerve fiber: one is durse-cored vesicle, the other is clear vesicle. In addition, the nerve terminals contact with follicle cells of ovary can be seen. Using immunohistochemical method. it is further demonstrated that the unmyelited nerve fiber nlay be a noradrenergic nerve fiber which is located on the ovary coat and follicle cell.
Keywordsamphioxus ovary innervation ultrastructure immunohistochemistry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fang, Y. Q., Qi, X., Ultrastructural study of oogenesis in Ximen amphioxus,Acta Oceanologica Sinica., 1994, 13(1): 133.Google Scholar
- 4.Aisenshtadt, T. B., Gabaeva, N. S., Gulayev, D. V., Cytological study of Oogenesis inBranchiostoma lanceolatum 2. Oocyte growth and vitellogenesis,Ontogenez. Soviet J. Devel. Biol., 1990a, 21: 134.Google Scholar
- 5.Guraya, S.,Reproductive Biology of Invertebrate, Vol. I.Oogenesis, Oviposition and Oosorption (eds. Adiyodi, K. G., Adiyodi, R. G.), New York: John Wiley & Sons Ltd., 1983, 735.Google Scholar
- 6.Holland, N. D., Holland, L. Z., The fine structure of the growth stage oocytea of a lancelet(= amphioxus) (Branchiostoma lanceolatum),Inwrt. Reprod. Develop., 1991a, 19: 107.Google Scholar
- 8.Fang, Y. Q., Zhao, W. X., Wei, H., Study on correlation of sex steroid hormone level with gonadal development in amphioxus,Chinese Science Bulletin, 1993, 38(15): 1290.Google Scholar