Vilsmeier reaction on some 6- and 7-methoxy-1- and 2-tetralones
Vilsmeier reaction on a few representative 6- and 7-methoxy-1- and 2-tetralones has been investigated. While 1-tetralones give the corresponding 1-chloro-2-formyl-3,4-dihydronaphthalenes, the 2-tetralones afford 1,3-bisformyl-2-chloronaphthalenes. Spectral characteristics of all the products obtained are given and a mechanistic proposal has been made to explain the observed chlorobisformylation.
KeywordsVilsmeier reaction 1- and 2-tetralones chlorobisformylnaphthalenes synthesis and mechanism
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anantha Reddy P 1978Synthetic studies in terpenoids and Vilsmeier formylation on some hydronaphthalene systems Ph. D. Thesis, Indian Institute of Science, BangaloreGoogle Scholar
- Anantha Reddy P and Krishna Rao G S 1976 Paper presented atChemists Convention, Bangalore University, Abstract Org. p. 83Google Scholar
- Anantha Reddy P and Krishna Rao G S 1980Indian J. Chem. (in Press)Google Scholar
- Jutz C 1976 InIminium salts in organic chemistry (eds.) Bohme H and Viehe H G (New York: John Wiley) pp. 225–342Google Scholar
- Krishna Rao G S and Sukh Dev 1957J. Indian Chem. Soc. 34 255Google Scholar
- Przhiyalgovskaya N M, Shner V F and Belov V N 1965Probl. orgon. Sinteza, Akar. Nauk SSSR, otd Obsheh. i Tekhn. khim 151 (Russ);Chem. Abst. 64 11138 gGoogle Scholar
- Ray J K, Sharma S and Chatterjee B G 1979Eur. J. Med. Chem.—Chim. Ther. 14 499Google Scholar
- Taylor D A H 1961J. Chem. Soc. p. 3319Google Scholar
- Weissenfels M, Schurig H and Huchsam G 1966Z. Chim. 6 471;Chem. Abst. 66 55177fGoogle Scholar