A simple apparatus for the measurement of thermoelectric power in the temperature range 4·2–300K
- 41 Downloads
A simple apparatus to measure the absolute thermoelectric power of solids in the temperature range 4·2–300K is described. The cryostat and the associated instrumentation is simple to operate. Representative data of measurements on metallic wire and pressed pellets are given. An accuracy of better than 10% in absolute thermopower can be obtained in this apparatus.
KeywordsThermoelectric power low-temperature
PACS Nos06·60 72·15 72·20
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dugdale J S 1977Electrical properties of metals and alloys (London: Edward Arnold)Google Scholar
- Huebner R P 1965Phys. Rev. 140 A1834Google Scholar
- Raychaudhuri A K, Sreedhar K, Rajeev K P, Mohan Ram R A, Ganguly P and Rao C N R 1987Philos. Mag. Lett. (in print)Google Scholar
- Wieder H H 1979Laboratory notes on electrical and galvanomagnetic measurements (Amsterdam: Elsevier)Google Scholar
- White G K 1979Experimental techniques in low-temperature physics (Oxford: Clarendon)Google Scholar