Behaviour of ultrasonic velocities in amorphous Se90Ge10 and Se85Ge15 alloys near their glass transition
- 24 Downloads
Precise measurements of 10 MHz frequency longitudinal and shear wave velocities are reported in amorphous SeGe alloys near their glass transition temperature Tg. There is a sharp decrease of the velocities near Tg, but the reduction in velocities appears smaller than expected.
KeywordsChalcogenides glass transition ultrasonic velocities
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kartha P E S, Padaki V C and Gopal E S R 1980Proc. Int. Conf. Exhibition on Ultrasonics (ICEU-80) New Delhi, p. 19Google Scholar
- Kittinger E 1977Z. Naturf. A32 946Google Scholar
- Landau L and Lifshitz I F 1958Theory of elasticity (New York: Pergamon Press)Google Scholar
- Lakshmikumar S T, Padaki V C, Krishnapur P P, Subramanyam S V, Mallya R M and Gopal E S R 1981J. Mater. Sci. (to be published)Google Scholar
- Padaki V C, Lakshmikumar S T, Jayannavar A M, Kartha P E S and Gopal E S R 1980Proc. Nuc 1. Phys. Solid State Phys. Symp. Dept. of Atomic Energy, BombayGoogle Scholar
- Papadakis E P 1976Physical acoustics, Vol. 12 ed. W P Mason and R N Thurston (New York: Academic Press)Google Scholar
- Srinivasan K R, Sivaraman A, Nagarajan N, Ramakrishnan J and Gopal E S R 1975Proc. Symp. Transducer Technology Cochin, India p. 283Google Scholar