The discovery of Dirac equation and its impact on present-day physics
- 148 Downloads
The major events in the discovery of the Dirac equation and its interpretation are traced. The subsequent role it has played in the development of quantum field theory culminating in the Standard Model of present-day high energy physics is discussed.
KeywordsDirac equation Klein-Gordon equation spinors hole theory standard model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- T P Cheng and L F Li,Gauge Theory of Elementary Particle Physics, Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1984.Google Scholar
- M B Green, J H Schwarz and E Witten,Superstring theory, Cambridge University Press, 1987.Google Scholar
- S Ferrara,Supersymmetry, North Holland and World Scientific, 1987.Google Scholar
- A Pais,Inward Bound, Oxford University Press, New York, 1986.Google Scholar
- G Rajasekaran,Building up the Standard Gauge Model of High Energy Physics, in Gravitation, Gauge Theories and Early Universe, B R Iyer et al. (eds.), Kluwer Academic Publishers 1989, p 185.Google Scholar
- P Ramond,Phys. Rev., D3, 2415 (1971).Google Scholar
- S D Rindani and M Sivakumar,J. Phys., G 12 (1986) 1335;Phys. Rev. D37 (1988) 3543;Mod. Phys. Lett. A4 (1989) 1237; Preprint of Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad PRL-TH-90/1.Google Scholar