Oroxindin—A new flavone glucuronide fromOroxylum indicum Vent
From the ethanol extract of the seeds ofOroxylum indicum a new flavone glucuronide named oroxindin has been isolated. Based on chemical as well as UV, IR, PMR and mass spectral data oroxindin has been constituted as 5-hydroxy-8-methoxy-7-0-β-D-glucopyranuronosyl flavone (wogonin-7-0-β-D-glucuronide).
KeywordsFlavone glucuronide Oroxylum indicum Bignoniaceae wogonin-7-0-β-D-glucuronide PMR spectrum of lactone acetate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Harris G 1955Dictionary of organic compounds 4th edition (London: Eyre and Spottiswoode)Google Scholar
- Joshi B S and Gawad D H 1977Proc. Indian Acad. Sci. A86 41Google Scholar
- Mabry T J, Markham K R and Thomas M B 1970Systematic identification of flavonoids (Berlin: Springer-Verlag)Google Scholar
- Mehta C R and Mehta T P 1959J. Indian Chem. Soc. 36 468Google Scholar
- Nair A G R and Subramanian S S 1972bCurr. Sci. 41 62Google Scholar
- Nair A G R and Subramanian S S 1974Bull. JIPMER Clin. Soc. 10 126Google Scholar
- Vandor G M, Farkas L and Nogradi M 1977Flavonoids and bioflavonoids, current research Trends (New York: Elsevier Scientific Publishing Co.)Google Scholar