Structural, dielectric and thermal properties of TlH2AsO4
- 16 Downloads
Structural (at room temperature) and dielectric and thermal properties of TlH2AsO4 have been studied as functions of temperature to understand the existence of its reported phase transition. The space group and cell parameters of the compound were determined. The crystal structure was determined by Patterson and Fourier difference methods and refined by the full-matrix least-squares technique. The structure can be explained in terms of zig-zag chains of H-bonds running along thec-axis. Careful studies on dielectric and thermal properties of the substance do not suggest any ferroelectric phase transitions in it.
KeywordsCrystal structure phase transitions hydrogen-bonding chain type structure dielectric and thermal properties
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bihan R, Mausslou M and Marbeuf P H 1978Ferroelectrics 22 827Google Scholar
- Choudhary R N P and Nelmes R J 1978bActa Cryst. A34 S4, S313Google Scholar
- Huong P V, Couzi M, Vignalou J R and Tranquard A 1975Proc. Int. Conf. on Light Scattering in Solids (Campinas, M Balkanski, R C C Leite and S P S Forto) Paris Flamarion science p. 845International tables for X-ray crystallography 1974 (Birmingham: Kynoch Press) vol. 4Google Scholar
- Milia F 1977 Paper presented at the 4th Int. Meeting on Ferroelectricity, LeningradGoogle Scholar
- Narasaiah T V and Choudhary R N P 1987Phys. Status Solidi A100 317Google Scholar
- Oddon Y, Tranquard A and Pepe G 1979Acta Cryst. B35 542Google Scholar
- Palau J M and Lassabatev J 1977J. Phys. (Paris) 38 259Google Scholar
- Sheldrick G M 1976 SHELX 76, Program for X-ray crystal determination, Univ. of Cambridge, EnglandGoogle Scholar