Effect of the fungicide chlorothalonil (Bravo) on some metabolic activities of aquatic fungi
Physiological responses ofAchlya proliferoides, Saprolegnia ferax andDictyuchus sterilis as affected by the fungicide chlorothalonil (Bravo) were determined. Glucose consumption differed in dependence on the organisms used. Ammonia and peptide nitrogen secretion were stimulated inS. ferax but inhibited in the other two organisms. All doses of the fungicide used decreased phosphorus absorption and increased acid phosphatase activity. The lowest concentrations (30 ppm) of the fungicide increased DNA, RNA and protein synthesis while inhibition was observed at moderate or high concentrations. Aspartate aminotransferase and alanine aminotransferase activities were inhibited inA. proliferoides, stimulated inS. ferax but remained similar to that of the control inD. sterilis.
KeywordsChlorothalonil Fusarium Moniliforme Test Fungus Carboxin Water Mold
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Akatsuka T., Kodama O., Yamada H.: A novel mode of action of kitazin P inPyricularia oryzœ.Agric. Biol. Chem.41, 211–212 (1977).Google Scholar
- Badour S.S.A.: Analytisch-chemische Untersuchung des kalimangels beiChlorella in Vergleich mit anderen Mangelzustanden.PhD Thesis. Göttingen Universität (Germany) 1959.Google Scholar
- Bergmeyer H.U.:Methods of Enzymatic Analysis, Vol. 2, pp. 1–96. Academic Press, New York-San Francisco-London 1974.Google Scholar
- bio-Merieux:Biochemistry, Mary-1, Etoile 69260 Charbonnières-les-Bains (France) 1980.Google Scholar
- Chaney A.L. Marbach E.P.: Modified reagents for determination of urea and ammonia.J. Clin. Chem.8, 130–132 (1962).Google Scholar
- El-Awady A.A.: Effect of soil pollution with pesticides on the microflora of Saudi Arabia soil.MSc. Thesis; General Presidency for Girls Education, Girls College of Education, Jeddah (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) 1984.Google Scholar
- Fales F.W.: The assimilation and degradation of carbohydrates by yeast cells.Biol. Clim.193, 113 (1956).Google Scholar
- Henry R.: Determination of total protein, p. 182 inClinical Chemistry. Principal and Techniques. Harper-Row, New York 1964.Google Scholar
- Jackson M.L.:Soil Chemical Analysis. Constable & Co., London 1958.Google Scholar
- Sambrook J., Fritch E.F., Maniatis T.:Molecular Cloning. A Laboratory Manual, 2nd ed., p. E5. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, New York 1989.Google Scholar
- Sevensson B.H., Sanderlund R.:Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Sulphur—Global Cycles 1st ed. Berling Ska Boktryckenet, Lund (Sweeden) 1976.Google Scholar
- Stankewitz H.B., Buchenauer H.: Effect of flubenzimine (Cropotex) on mycelial growth and spore germination of various phytopathogenic fungi.J. Plant Dis. Protect.99, 360–370 (1992).Google Scholar