Integrated optics — technology and applications
- 52 Downloads
The emergence of optoelectronics and photonics as viable alternatives to electronics in many key areas of engineering relevance is indeed significant. This paper presents a tutorial review of integrated optics — a technologically important development in photonics. Materials, processes, device technology and applications are highlighted.
KeywordsIntegrated optics photonic circuits technology applications
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ghatak A K, Thyagarajan K 1989 inOptical electronics (Cambridge: University Press) chap. 14Google Scholar
- Hutcheson L D (ed.) 1987Integrated optical circuits and components: Design and applications (New York: Marcel Dekker)Google Scholar
- Ishihara S (ed.) 1990Optical computing in Japan (Tokyo: Nova Science)Google Scholar
- Kogelnik H 1975 inIntegrated optics (ed.) T Tamir (Berlin: Springer-Verlag) chap. 2Google Scholar
- Miller S E 1969 Integrated optics: an introduction.Bell Syst. Tech. J. 48: 2059–2068Google Scholar
- Nishihara H, Haruna M, Suhara T 1987Optical integrated circuits (New York: McGraw-Hill)Google Scholar
- Selvarajan A 1986 Computer simulation and experimental studies on fibre optic boradcase system, Project report, IISc-ISRO/STC/15K, Indian Institute of Science, BangaloreGoogle Scholar
- Selvarajan A, Shankar J, Krishna T R 1988 Design of a 4 × 4 switch and a phase modulator, Technical Report, ITI-IISc Project on photonic circuits, Indian Institute of Science, BangaloreGoogle Scholar
- Shiva Kumar, Srinivas T, Selvarajan A 1990 Beam propagation method and its applications to integrated optic structures and optical fibres.Pramana — J. Phys. 34: 347–358Google Scholar
- Subrat Kar, Selvarajan A 1990 Some novel photonic guided-wave space-switching architectures.J. Inst. Electron. Telecommun. Eng. 36: 513–519Google Scholar