Multivessel system for cold-vapor mercury generation determination of mercury in hair and fish
- 116 Downloads
A multivessel system for the determination of mercury (Hg) by cold-vapor atomic absorption spectrometry (CV-AAS) and inductively coupled plasma atomic emission spectrometry (ICP-AES) was developed. The performance of the proposed device was tested by determining total Hg in quality-control samples of hair and fishes following acid digestion. Application of the apparatus to the determination of Hg by CV-AAS following alkaline digestion was studied as well. The detection limit obtained for CV-AAS was 0.11 ng/mL and for ICP-AES 1.39 ng/mL. The results show that the system is appropriate to be used in techniques involving cold-vapor generation of Hg.
Index EntriesMercury determination cold-vapor atomic absorption spectrometry hair and fish analysis multivessel system for cold vapor mercury generation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.N. S. Poluektov and R. A. Vitkun, Atomic absorption determination of mercury by means of a flame method,Zh. Anal. Khim. 18, 1–37 (1963).Google Scholar
- 4.N. S. Poluektov and R. A. Vitkun, and Y. V. Zelyukova, Determination of milligram amounts of mercury by atomic absorption in the gaseous phase,Zh. Anal. Khim. 19, 927–937 (1964).Google Scholar
- 5.E. G. Pappas and I. A. Rosenberg, Determination of submicrogram quantities of mercury by cold vapor atomic absorption photometry,J. Assoc. Off. Anal. Chem. 49, 782–792 (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.M. M. Schachter, Apparatus for cold vapor atomic absorption of mercury,J. Assoc. Off. Anal. Chim. 49, 769–778 (1966).Google Scholar
- 7.A. R. Barringer, Interference-free spectrometer for high sensitivity mercury analysis of soils, rocks and air,Trans. Inst. Min. Metall. B75, 120 (1966).Google Scholar
- 9.L. Lopez-Escobar and D. N. Hume, Ozone as releasing agent: The determination of trace mercury in organic matrices by cold vapor atomic absorption,Anal. Lett. 6(4), 343–353 (1973).Google Scholar
- 16.P. Lansens, C. Meuleman, M. Leermakers, and W. Baeyens, Determination of methylmercury in natural waters by headspace gas chromatography with microwave-induced plasma detection after preconcentration on a resin containing dithiocarbamate groups,Anal. Chim. Acta 234, 417–424 (1990).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 21.C. Pasquini, W. F. Jardim, and L. C. Faria, Actaptation of a cold vapor mercury analyzer to flow injection analysis,J. Auton. Chem. 10(4), 188–191 (1988).Google Scholar