Weierstrass factorizations in compact Riemann surfaces
- 68 Downloads
Letν′ be the complementary in a compact Riemann surface ν of a point (or a finite set). In this paper are characterized the subfields, of the field of meromorphic functions inν′, containing sufficient functions to verify a factorization property, similar to that of the classical Weierstrass theorem. It is also seen that the field generated by the Baker functions is not of this type, and the problem is solved of determining the divisors, inν′, of the holomorphic functions admiting Weierstrass factorizations with Baker functions as factors. As an application, a theorem is obtained characterizing the infinite products, of meromorphic functions in ν with bounded degree, which converge normally inν′.
KeywordsRiemann Surface Compact Subset Holomorphic Function Meromorphic Function Compact Riemann Surface
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H. F. Baker,Abel’s Theorem and the Allied Theory Including the Theory of Theta Functions, Cambridge University Press, 1897.Google Scholar
- R. C. Gunning,Lectures on Riemann surfaces. Jacobi varieties, Princeton Mathematical Notes, 1972.Google Scholar
- P. Günther,Über die eindeutigen funktionen von zwei durch eine algebraische gleichung verbundenen veränderlichen. Crelle109 (1892), 199–212.Google Scholar
- A. Pietsch,Nuclear Locally Convex Spaces, Springer, Berlin 1972.Google Scholar
- H. H. Schaefer,Topological Vector Spaces, Springer, Berlin, 1971.Google Scholar