Focusing effect of coadsorbed CO on the spatial distribution of H2 flow desorbed from iridium
- 22 Downloads
Angular distributions of H2 desorbing from the surface of polycrystalline iridium are studied by temperature-programmed desorption with spatial resolution. The presence of coadsorbed CO strongly affects the spatial distribution of the desorption flow (SDDF) of H2. In the absence of CO, SDDF of H2 is described by the Knudsen law. If H2 desorbs from the layer of coadsorbed CO and H2, SDDF of hydrogen concentrates along the normal to the sample surface. A model is proposed to explain this phenomenon.
KeywordsIridium Pure Hydrogen Isosteric Adsorption Individual Adsorption Adsorption Activation Energy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 15.Savkin, V.V. and Kislyuk, M.U.,Kinet. Katal., 1996, vol. 37, no. 4, p. 591.Google Scholar
- 17.Savkin, V.V., Kislyuk, M.U., and Sklyarov, A.V.,Kinet. Katal., 1987, vol. 28, no. 6, p. 1409.Google Scholar
- 19.Savkin, V.V. and Kislyuk, M.U.,Kinet. Katal, 1997, vol. 38, no. 5, p. 793.Google Scholar
- 20.Kislyuk, M.U., Savkin, V.V., and Tret’yakov, I.I.,Kinet. Katal. (in press).Google Scholar
- 21.Savchenko, V.I.,Doctoral (Chem.) Dissertation, Novosibirsk: Inst. of Catalysis, 1985, p. 83.Google Scholar
- 22.Kislyuk, M.U. and Bakuleva, T.N.,IZ.V. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1990, no. 6, p. 2699.Google Scholar