Liquid-phase hydrogenation of thiophenes on palladium sulfide catalysts
- 77 Downloads
Palladium sulfide catalysts are active for the hydrogenation of thiophenes of different structure in hydrocarbons at 22O-30O‡C and 3.0-9.5 MPa. Thiophenes and benzothiophenes are close in reactivity. An increase in palladium sulfide concentration in the catalyst leads to an increase in the reaction rate per 1 g of the catalyst but has only a slight effect on the specific reaction rate of hydrogenation calculated per 1 g of Pd. The specific activity of palladium sulfide supported on aluminosilicate is one order of magnitude higher than that of PdS without a support and the catalysts supported on the aluminum oxide and carbon. The aluminosilicate-supported catalyst is also more selective.
KeywordsThiophene Hydrogen Sulfide Dodecane Carbon Support Benzothiophene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Karaulova, E.N.,Poluchenie i svoistva organicheskikh soedinenii sery (Synthesis and Properties of Organosulfur Compounds), Belen’kii, L.I., Ed., Moscow: Khimiya, 1998, p. 289.Google Scholar
- 2.Mashkina, A.V.,Geterogennyi kataliz v khimii organicheskikh soedinenii sery (Heterogeneous Catalysis in Organosulfur Chemistry), Novosibirsk: Nauka, 1977.Google Scholar
- 6.Kulishkin, N.T., Mashkina, A.V., Buyanova, N.E.,et al., Kinet. KataL, 1971, vol. 12, no. 6, p. 1539.Google Scholar
- 7.Kalinina, N.G., Poluboyarov, V.A., Anufrienko, V.F.,et al., Kinet. KataL, 1987, vol. 28, no. 5, p. 1253.Google Scholar
- 8.Obolentsev, R.D. and Baikova, A.Ya.,Seraorganicheskie soedineniya neftei Uralo-Povolzh’ya i Sibiri (Organosulfur Compounds of Oil from the Urals, Volga River Region, and Siberia), Moscow: Nauka, 1973, p. 247.Google Scholar
- 9.Ben’kovskii, V.G., Nikitina, V.S., Lyapina, N.K.,et al., Neftekhimiya, 1972, vol. 12, no. 2, p. 271.Google Scholar
- 10.Boreskov, G.K.,Geterogennyi kataliz v khimicheskoi promyshlennosti (Heterogeneous Catalysis in Chemical Industry), Moscow: Goskhimizdat, 1955, p. 5.Google Scholar