Molecular organization of reactants in the kinetics and catalysis of liquid phase reactions: X. Synergism in the combined catalysis of urethane formation by organotin compounds and tertiary amines
- 108 Downloads
The kinetics of the reaction of m-Cl-phenyl isocyanate with n-butanol in heptane catalyzed by tin tributylacetate and diazobicyclooctane is studied. The phenomenon of synergism in the catalysis of urethane formation is quantitatively described by the simulation of kinetics using the data on the equilibrium constants of association of the alcohol in the system and modern concepts on the reaction mechanism. The formation of a donor-acceptor complex between the catalysts and inclusion of this complex into the composition of new reactive heteroassociates with the participation of the monomeric and dimeric forms of the alcohol were the reasons fnr the nnnarMitive. action nf the. catalvsts in the reaction under study.
KeywordsIsocyanate Tertiary Amine DABCO Apparent Rate Constant Productive Pathway
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Saunders, J.H. and Frish, K.C.,Khimiya poliuretanov (Polyurethane Chemistry), Moscow: Khimiya, 1968.Google Scholar
- 2.Frish, K.C., Reegan, S.L., Floutz, W.V. and Oliver, J.P.,J. Polytn. Sci., 1967, vol. 5, p. 35.Google Scholar
- 4.Chirkov, Yu.N., Nesterov, O.V., and Entelis, S.G.,Kinet. Katal., 1973, vol. 14, no. 4, p. 916.Google Scholar
- 5.Bondarenko, S.P., Chirkov, Yu.N., Tiger, R.P.,et al., Kinet. Katal., 1989, vol. 30, no. 3, p. 599.Google Scholar
- 6.Bondarenko, S.P., Tiger, R.P., and Entelis, S.G.,Zh. Fiz. Khim., 1981, vol. 55, no. 7, p. 1716.Google Scholar
- 7.Berlin, P.A., Bondarenko, S.P., Tiger, R.P.,et al., Khim. Fiz., 1984, vol. 3, no. 5, p. 722.Google Scholar
- 8.Berlin, P.A., Tiger, R.P., Chirkov, Yu.N.,et al., Khim. Fiz., 1984, vol. 3, no. 10, p. 1448.Google Scholar
- 9.Organic Solvents: Physical Properties and Methods of Purification, Weissberger, A., Ed., New York: Wiley, 1955.Google Scholar
- 10.Chernova, E.A., Tiger, R.P., and Tarakanov, O.G.,Zh. Strukt. Khim., 1986, vol. 27, no. 1, p. 19.Google Scholar