Study of fracture features in foam bearing glass epoxy composites subjected to repeated impacts
- 38 Downloads
The paper reports the failure features observed in low mass repeatedly (pendulum) impacted glass epoxy composites with and without the mid section having either 2-layers or 3-layers of flexible foam. Features such as through width and inclined cracks as well as adhering of foam observed in the experiments are explained. The significance of the foam material in modifying the impact response of the composite is stressed.
KeywordsFlexible foam glass epoxy impact fractography
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ASM Metals Handbook 1987 vol. 12, ASM International, Metals Park, Ohio 44073, USAGoogle Scholar
- Murthy V S R, Seshan S and Kishore 1987Microstructural Sciences 15 123Google Scholar
- Padmanabhan K and Kishore 1990Bull. Mater. Sci. 13 245Google Scholar
- Samajdar S and Kishore 1991J. Mater. Sci. 26 977Google Scholar
- Saratchandra D, Rao R M V G K and Kishore 1991Mater. Sci. & Engg. A136 1263Google Scholar
- Subramanian C and Kishore 1986Aluminium 62 761Google Scholar