This paper presents a review of pyroelectric materials. The physics of pyroelectric materials is described. Various pyroelectric materials are compared for their efficiency in the detection of radiation. Current trends in pyroelectric material technology are highlighted.
KeywordsPyroelectricity ferroelectricity piezoelectricity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Born M and Huang K 1954Dynamical theory of crystal lattices (Oxford: Clarendon Press)Google Scholar
- Lang S B 1971Source book on pyroelectricity (New York: Gordon and Breach)Google Scholar
- Lecomte J 1948Proc. Indian Acad. Sci. A28 339Google Scholar
- Liu S T 1974J. Electr. Mater. 3 91Google Scholar
- Newnham R E, Skinner D P, Klicker K A, Bhalia A S, Hardimar B and Gururaja T R 1980Ferroelectrics 27 49Google Scholar
- Nye J F 1962Physical properties of crystals (Oxford: Clarendon Press)Google Scholar
- Shaulov A, Smith W A, Loiacano G M, Bell M T and Tauo Y H 1980Ferroelectrics 27 117Google Scholar
- Watton R, Smith C and Jones G R 1976Ferroelectrics 14 719Google Scholar