Kinetic analysis of thermal decomposition of boric acid from thermogravimetric data
The kinetic parameters of the thermal decomposition of boric acid have been investigated by using TGA data. Suzuki and Coats-Redfern methods have been applied for the kinetic investigation. It was determined that decomposition kinetics of boric acid occurred in two steps and both regions suitably fit a first-order kinetic model. According to Coats-Redfern method, the activation energy and frequency factor were found as 79.85 kJ·mol-1 and 3.82x 104 min-1 for region I and 4.79 kJ·mol-1 and 4.045 x 10-5 min-1 for region II, respectively. The activation energies and frequency factors were found as 4.45 kJ·mol-1 and 4.08 x108 min-1 for the Suzuki method.
Key wordsBoric Acid Thermal Decomposition Suzuki Method Coats-Redfern Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- KocakuŞak, S., AkÇay, K., Ayok, T., Köroğlu, J., SavaŞÇ, T. and ve Tolun, R.,“AkiŞkan yatakta bor,” Tübitak AraŞtirma Merkezi, Rapor No:KM323 (1998).Google Scholar
- Kraschwit, J. I. (Ed.),Kirk-othmer enyclopedia of chemical technology, John Wiley and Sons, New York, 22 (1997).Google Scholar
- Marano, R. T. and Shuster, E. R.,Inorganic materials and physical chemistry, R. F. Schuwenber and P. D. Garn (Eds.), Academic Press, New York, 709 (1969).Google Scholar
- PiŞkin, S., PhD Thesis, İstanbul Technical University, Metallurgy Dept. İstanbul, Turkey, 22 (1983).Google Scholar
- The Economics of Boron, Roskill Information Service Ltd. (1995).Google Scholar