Motion of a liquid droplet in a capillary under the action of static force and an acoustic field
- 40 Downloads
We consider the motion of a liquid droplet inside a capillary of a porous medium under the action of a static force and an acoustic field. We derive the equation of motion of the droplet in the capillary and analyze numerically its solution. We show that the vibration attenuates the influence of the capillary force. Due to the effect of the acoustic field, the droplet motion in a capillary of constant cross-section starts at a lower value of the static force, and the reciprocal velocity of the droplet increases.
KeywordsAcoustic Wave Capillary Force Liquid Droplet Static Force Acoustic Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. L. Surguchev, O/L Kuznetsov, and É. M. Simkin,Hydraulic, Acoustic, and Thermal Influence on Oil Strata [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.G. G. Vakhitov and É. M. Simkin,Using Physical Fields for Oil Extraction from Strata [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1985).Google Scholar
- 4.B. V. Zhelezny,Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,207, No. 3, 647 (1972).Google Scholar
- 5.V. M. Samsonov and L. M. Shcherbakov,Kolloidn. Zh.,47, No. 4, 729 (1985).Google Scholar
- 6.V. M. Samsonov and L. M. Shcherbakov,Kolloidn. Zh.,47, No. 5, 907 (1985).Google Scholar
- 8.V. S. Averbakh, S. N. Vlasov, and Yu. M. Zaslavsky, in:Proc. VIII Session of the Russian Acad. Sci. Nonlinear Acousics of Solids, Nizhy Novgorod (1998), p. 160.Google Scholar
- 9.V. S. Averbakh, S. N. Vlasov, and Yu. M. Zaslavsky, in:Proc. II RNKT, Moscow,5, 145 (1998).Google Scholar
- 10.V. N. Nikolaevsky,Geomechamnics and Fluid Dymanics, 1996).Google Scholar
- 11.Yu. P. Anpilov,Absorption and Scattering of Seismic Waves in Inhomogeneous Media [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1992).Google Scholar