The Franz-Keldysh effect in superlattices in the field of a nonlinear electromagnetic wave
- 25 Downloads
We study the effect of interminiband breakdown in a semiconductor quantum superlattice in a constant electric field and in the field of a nonlinear wave whose intensities are directed along the superlattice axis. The problem has been solved in the quasiclassical approximation for an arbitrary ratio between the widths of the allowed and forbidden minibands. In particular cases, we have obtained formulas for the breakdown probability in the presence of only one field, as well as for a linear wave and a solitary wave (soliton). It is shown that the probability of interminiband breakdown increases with the nonlinearity parameter of the electromagnetic wave k. The absorption coefficient of the nonlinear wave is calculated for typical parameters of the superlattice.
KeywordsSoliton Solitary Wave Nonlinear Wave Constant Field Constant Electric Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. Solimar and D. Walsh,Lectures in Electric Properties of Materials [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1991).Google Scholar
- 8.S. V. Kryuchkov and G. A. Syrodoev,Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Radiofiz.,23, No. 6, 762 (1990).Google Scholar
- 9.B. S. Monzon and A. G. Zhilich,Fiz. Tverd. Tela,37, No. 4, 936 (1995).Google Scholar
- 10.Shi Jun-jie, Dai Xian-qi, and Pan Shao-hua,Acta Phys. Sin. Overseas Ed.,3, No. 6, 413 (1994).Google Scholar
- 12.A. I. Baz', Ya. B. Zel'dovich, and A. M. Perelomov,Scattering, Reactions, and Decompositions in Non-relativistic Quantum Mechanics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1971).Google Scholar
- 13.F. G. Bass, A. A. Bulgakov, and A. P. Tetervov,High-Frequency Properties of Semiconductors with Superlattices [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1989).Google Scholar
- 14.B. I. Ivlev and V. I. Mel'nikov,Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz.,90, No. 6, 2208 (1986).Google Scholar