Strict quasicomplements and the operators of dense imbedding
- 19 Downloads
A quasicomplementM to a subspaceN of a Banach spaceX is called strict ifM does not contain an infinite-dimensional subspaceM 1 such that the linear manifoldN+M 1 is closed. It is proved that ifX is separable, thenN always admits a strict quasicomplement. We study the properties of the restrictions of the operators of dense imbedding to infinite-dimensional closed subspaces of a space where these operators are defined.
KeywordsHilbert Space Banach Space Compact Operator Linear Span Separable Banach Space
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. I. Gurarii and M. I. Kadets, “On minimal systems and quasicomplements in Banach spaces,”Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,145, No. 2, 256–258 (1962).Google Scholar
- 5.V. I. Gurarii, “On the slopes and openings of subspaces of a Banach space,”Teor. Funkts., Funkts. Anal. Prilozh., Issue 1, 194–204 (1965).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Pietsch,Operator Ideals, VEB Deutscher Verlag der Wissenschaften, Berlin (1978).Google Scholar
- 8.V. V. Shevchik, “On noncompact operators of dense imbedding in Banach spaces,”Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved.,12, 79–81 (1988).Google Scholar
- 9.V. V. Shevchik, “On subspaces in a pair of Banach spaces,”Mat. Zametki,38, 545–553 (1985).Google Scholar
- 10.V. V. Shevchik, “Action of an imbedding operator on minimal sequences in a Banach space,”Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,294, No. 5, 1072–1076 (1987).Google Scholar