Extremal properties of nondifferentiable convex functions on euclidean sets of combinations with repetitions
- 24 Downloads
A general approach is suggested for studying extremal properties of nondifferentiable convex functions on Euclidean combinatorial sets. On the basis of this approach, by solving the linear optimization problem on a set of combinations with repetitions, we obtain estimates of minimum values of convex and strongly convex objective functions in optimization problems on sets of combinations with repetitions and establish sufficient conditions for the existence of the corresponding minima.
KeywordsInterior Point Local Algorithm Extremal Property Separable Function Linear Optimization Problem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. G. Stoyan,Properties of Special Combinatorial Sets, Preprint No. 85, Institute of Mechanical Engineering Problems, Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, Kharkov (1980).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. G. Stoyan and S. V. Yakovlev,Mathematical Models and Optimization Methods for Geometric Design [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1986).Google Scholar
- 4.O. A. Emets, “A set of combinations with repetitions mapped inR k and optimization on it,”Dokl. Akad. Nauk Ukr. SSR, No. 4, 69–72 (1991).Google Scholar
- 5.O. A. Emets, “Properties of objective functions on combinations and arrangements,” in:Abstracts of XLIII Scientific Conference of Teaching Staff of Poltava Engineering Institute [in Russian], Poltava Engineering Institute, Poltava (1991), p. 283.Google Scholar
- 6.A. G. Sukharev, A. V. Timokhov, and V. V. Fedorov,Course in Optimization Methods [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. I. Zhuravlev, “Local algorithms for computing information, I, II,”Kibernetika, No. 1, 12–20 (1965); No. 2, 1–11 (1965).Google Scholar
- 9.Yu. I. Zhuravlev and Yu. Yu. Finkel'shtein, “Local algorithms for problems of linear integer programming,”Probl. Kibernetiki,14, 289–295 (1965).Google Scholar
- 10.I. V. Sergienko and M. F. Kaspshitskaya,Models and Methods for Computer Solution of Combinatorial Optimization Problems [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1981).Google Scholar
- 12.N. N. Moiseev (editor),Contemporary State of Operation Research Theory [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar