The source rupture feature of the southern Taiwan Straits earthquake of September 16, 1994 (M S7.3) & the analysis of earthquake circumstance in southeastern coast of China
- 1 Downloads
According to the source mechanism of the main shock and the distribution feature of the aftershocks occurring in the southern Taiwan Straits on Sept. 16, 1994, in this paper the authors analysed the source rupture feature of the major earthquake, demonstrated that this seismic sequence possessed the characteristics of a large intraplate earthquake. And according to the seismotectonic background and the historical seismicity in the area, the authors clarified the active characteristics of the seismically active belts along northwestern direction and analysed preliminarily the earthquake circumstance in the southeastern coast of China.
Key wordssource rupture intraplate earthquake Taiwan Straits
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bosum, W., 1975. Aeromagnetic survey of offshore Taiwan.Tech, Ball, Ccop ECAFE, 3.Google Scholar
- Chen, X. X., Zhang, X. and Ke, L. S.et al., 1990. Near field observation of strong ground motion and analysis of source features of the the 1987 Jiangxi Xunwu earthquake swarm on August 2.Acta Seismologica Sinica,12(3): 223–234 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Ding, G. Y. (editor in chief), 1991.Introduction to Lithospheric Dynamics in China. Beijing: Seismological press. 660pp (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Ding, Y. Z.et al., 1992. Seismic risk of Bashi structure.South China Journal of seismology,12(2): (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Guo, L. C.et al., 1986.Determination of Magnitude and Focal Parameter. Beijing: Science and technology press of China (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Kanamori H. and Anderson D. L., 1975. Theoretical basis of some empirical relations in seismology.Bull. Seism. Soc. Amer.,65: 1 073–1 096.Google Scholar
- Ma, Z. J.et al., 1982.The Nine Major Earthquakes in China. Beijing: Seismological Press (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Peng, M. F. and Lin, Y. Y., 1995, Report of the magnitude 7.3 earthquake study,Fujian Seismology,11(1): 62–80 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Zhang, W. Y., 1990.Sea-continent Geotectioncs in China and Neibouring Area. Beijing: Science Press (in Chinese).Google Scholar