Rediscussion on the seismic regime network
- 2 Downloads
On the basis of the past research and utilization on the windows and belts of seismic regime, the seismic regime network which has been supposed and proved in the past is set up by using the monthly frequency data of small earthquakes from 1970 to 1991 over the whole country. Through checking its function in practice, it is found that the spatial distribution of precursor information is not an isolate window or belt, but a broad precursor information field before theM s≥7.0 earthquakes in China and its nearby regions. According to the windows and belts in the field, synchronism and generality of initial time and place of prediction, the comprehensive prediction of activity time periods of groups of strong earthquakes and the detail method of correspondence of groups are proposed. After restrict mathematical test, 10 prediction methods for references are set forth, in which two best methods are selected as references for the whole case prediction in one to three years. Some related problems are discussed at the end of this paper.
Key wordsseismic regime network seismic precursor information field comprehensive prediction period of activity time
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Centre for Analysis and Prediction, SSB, 1990.The Epicenter Distribution Maps of Earthquakes in China. Chinese Map Press, Beijing (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Feng, H., 1981–1991. The catalog of earthquakes ofM>7 all over the world.Earthquake Research in China. (in each issue).Google Scholar
- Gu, G. X., Lin, T. H., Shi, Z. L., Li, Q., Wu, H. Y., Lu, S. D., Yang, Y. L., Chen, H. T. and Wang, S. Y., 1983.The Catalog of Earthquakes in China. Science Press, Beijing (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Hong, S. Z., 1981. The preliminary discussion on the scoring problems of prediction of earthquake.Earthquake Research,4, 334–345.Google Scholar
- Hong, S. Z., 1989. The basic principles and methods to check and score statistically in earthquake prediction.Collection of Earthquake Prediction in Utilization of Special Issue on Seismology, 576–585 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Li, S. B., 1981.Earthquake in China, 246pp. Seismological Press, Beijing (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Map Press of China, 1979.The Maps of the People’s Republic of China, p. 8. Map Press, Beijing (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- The Information and Data Department, SSB, 1981.The World Catalog of Strong Earthquakes (M≥7). Press (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Wang, Z. G., Sun, P. Q. and Gao, J. C., 1993. The long distance correlation phenomenon of strong earthquakes in the Chinese mainland and nearby regions.Inland Earthquake,15, 81–87 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Wang, Z. G., Li, S., L. and Guo, Y., 1979. The ‘Tri-dividing rule’ before strong earthquakes.Inland earthquakes, 3, 220–229 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Xu, S. X., 1989. Score on the ability of prediction of earthquake.Special Collection of Seismology, Collected Works about Utilization of Method of Prediction of Earthquake in Practice, 586–590. Seismological Press, Beijing (in Chinese).Google Scholar