A study of crust and upper mantle structure in Northeastern region of China by means of synthetic seismograms
- 4 Downloads
In this paper, structure models of the crust and upper mantle beneath each station have been obtained by way of fitting synthetic seismograms with P waveforms of deep focus teleseismic records from the 11 stations in the Northeastern Region of China. We have studied the structure in the region based on those models. Our results show that the medium of the crust and upper mantle is a layered structure with alternate high and low velocity layers within about 100 km under the region. The crustal thickness is about 31.8–35.8 km.
Key wordssynthetic seismograms P waveforms of deep focus teleseism structure of the medium Northeastern China
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- “Deep geophysical prospecting achievements” compiling group of the State Seismological Bureau, 1986.Geophysical Prospecting Achievements of Chinese Crust and Upper Mantle, Seismological Press, Beijing, pp. 198–231. (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Li, Y. M., Zhu. P. D., Liang, S. H. and Shu, P. Y., 1983. On the computation of P-SV wave generalized transmission coefficients for layered media.Acta Geophysica Sinica,6, Complementary, 661–667 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Langston, C. A. and Helmberger, D. V., 1975. A procedure for modeling shallow sources.Geophys. J. R. astr. Soc.,42, 117–130.Google Scholar
- Zhu, P. D., Li, Y. I., 1985, The study of crust and upper mantle structure below the recording station by means of teleseismic P waveforms,Acta Geophysica Sinica,28, 16–25 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Zhu, P. D., Li, Y. I., Zhang, L. I., Liang, S. H. and Shu, P. Y., 1985. The study of multilayer-media beneath the recording stations at Zhun geer basin edge in Xingjiang region by means of teleseismic P waveforms.Northwestern Seismological Journal,7, 46–58 (in Chinese).Google Scholar