Estimate of error of an approximated solution by the method of moments of an operator equation
- 16 Downloads
For an equationAu = f whereA is a closed densely defined operator in a Hilbert spaceH, f εH, we estimate the deviation of its approximated solution obtained by the moment method from the exact solution. All presented theorems are of direct and inverse character. The paper refers to direct methods of mathematical physics, the development of which was promoted by Yu. D. Sokolov, the well-known Ukrainian mathematician and mechanic, a great humanitarian and righteous man. We dedicate this paper to his blessed memory.
KeywordsEntire Function Operator Equation Closed Operator Exponential Type Moment Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Yu. M. Berezanskii,Expansion of Self-Adjoint Operators in Eigenfunctions [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev 1965.Google Scholar
- 4.M. Sh. Birman and M. Z. Solomyak,Spectral Theory of Self-Adjoint Operators in Hilbert Spaces [in Russian], Leningrad University, Leningrad 1980.Google Scholar
- 5.S. G. Mikhlin,Variation Methods in Mathematical Physics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow 1970.Google Scholar
- 6.A. Yu. Luchka and T. F. Luchka,Origination and Development of Direct Methods in Mathematical Physics [in Russian], NaukovaDumka, Kiev 1985.Google Scholar
- 7.A. V. Dzhishkariani, “On the rate of convergence of the approximate Rietz method,”Zh. Vychisi Mat. Mat. Fiz.,3, No. 4, 654–663 (1963).Google Scholar
- 8.A. V. Dzhishkariani, “On the rate of convergence of the Bubnov-Galerkin method,”Zh. Vychisi Mat. Mat. Fiz.,4, No. 2, 343–348 (1964).Google Scholar