Central manifolds of quasilinear parabolic equations
- 18 Downloads
We investigate central manifolds of quasilinear parabolic equations of arbitrary order in an unbounded domain. We suggest an algorithm for the construction of an approximate central manifold in the form of asymptotically convergent power series. We describe the application of the results obtained in the theory of stability.
KeywordsParabolic Equation Invariant Manifold Parabolic System Exponential Dichotomy Nonlinear Parabolic Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. N. Bogolyubov and Yu. A. Mitropol’skii, Asymptotic Methods in the Theory of Nonlinear Oscillations [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1963).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. A. Mitropol’skii and O. B. Lykova, Integral Manifolds in Nonlinear Mechanics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.M. P. Vishnevskii, Invariant Sets of Nonlinear Parabolic Systems. Some Applications of Functional Analysis to Problems of Mathematical Physics [in Russian], Institute of Mathematics, Siberian Division of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, Novosibirsk (1986), pp. 32–56.Google Scholar
- 6.S. D. Éidel’man, Parabolic Systems [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1964).Google Scholar
- 7.V. B. Levenshtam, “Averaging of quasilinear parabolic equations with rapidly oscillating principal part. Exponential dichotomy,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Mat., 56, No. 44, 813–851 (1992).Google Scholar
- 12.J. Carr, Application of Center Manifold Theory, Springer, New York (1981).Google Scholar