On the approximation by Chebyshev splines in the metric of L p , p > 0
- 19 Downloads
We prove a direct Jackson estimate for the approximation by Chebyshev splines in the classes L p , p > 0.
KeywordsPolynomial Approximation Spline Function Divided Difference Main Lemma Spline Approximation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Karlin, Total Positivity and Applications, Stanford University Press, Stanford (1968).Google Scholar
- 2.H. Johnen and K. Sherer, “Direct and inverse theorems for best approximations by A-splines,” in: K. Böhmer, G. Meinardus, and W. Schemp (editors), Spline Functions, Lect. Notes Math., 501 (1975), pp. 116–131.Google Scholar
- 3.L. L. Schumaker, Spline Functions: Basic Theory, Wiley, New York (1968).Google Scholar
- 4.Z. Wronich, “Moduli of smoothness associated with Chebyshev systems and approximation by L-splines,” in: Bl. Sendov, P. Petrushev, R. Maleev, and S. Tashev (editors), Constructive Theory of Functions’84, Sofia (1984), pp. 906–916.Google Scholar
- 5.Z. Wronich, Chebyshevian Splines, Jisse Math. CCCV, Warszawa (1990).Google Scholar
- 6.E. A. Storozhenko and P. Oswald, “Jackson theorem in the spaces Lp(Rk), 0 < p < 1,” Sib. Mat. Th., 4, 888–901 (1978).Google Scholar
- 9.Yu. V. Kryakin, Approximation of Functions on a Unit Circle in the Spaces L p and H p [in Russian], Author’s Abstract of the Candidate-Degree Thesis (Physics and Mathematics), Odessa (1985).Google Scholar
© Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers 1999