Generation of long waves in a basin of variable depth in the process of formation of a region of perturbations of atmospheric pressure
- 14 Downloads
We perform the numerical analysis of the long-wave response of the free surface of a fluid in a basin of variable depth to the formation of an anomaly of the baric field for a finite period of time. In numerical experiments, we use the distribution of depths typical of the south coast of the Crimea. We also study the dependence of the dynamics of the sea level in the zone of the baric anomaly and in the shelf zone on the space and time scales of local changes in the field of atmospheric pressure in the open part of the basin.
KeywordsContinental Slope Tsunami Wave Variable Depth Open Part Coast Line
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Monin, A. S., Kamenkovich, V. I., and Kort, V. G.Variability of the World Ocean. Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat (1974).Google Scholar
- 4.Lappo, C. C.Medium-Scale Dynamic Processes in the Ocean Induced by the Atmosphere. Moscow: Nauka (1979).Google Scholar
- 5.Eremeev, V. N., Konovalov, A. V., and Cherkosov, L. V. Simulation of long barotropic waves in the Black Sea generated by moving braic perturbations.Okeanologiya (1996)36, No. 2, 218–225.Google Scholar
- 6.Dotsenko, S. F. Dynamics of the barotropic ocean caused by local variations of atmospheric pressure.Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Fiz. Atmosf. Okean. (1997)33, No. 6, 819–827.Google Scholar
- 7.Vol'tsinger, N. E. and Pyaskovsky, R. V.,Basic Oceanological Problems in the Theory of Shallow Water. Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat (1968).Google Scholar
- 8.Marchuk, An. G., Chubarov, L. B., and Shokin, Yu. I.Numerical Simulation of Tsunami. Waves. Novosibirsk: Nauka (1983).Google Scholar
- 9.Dotsenko, S. F. Numerical simulation of the propagation of tsunami waves in the shelf zone of the Crimean Peninsula.Morsk. Gidrofiz. Zh. (1997) No. 5, 11–19.Google Scholar
- 10.Grishin, G. A., Bayankina, T. M., and Kalinin, E. I. Cyclonic Activity in the Mediterranean Region and Its Dependence on the Intensity of Helio-Geomagnetic Fields. Sevastopol (1993) (Preprint/MHI).Google Scholar