The best L 1-approximations of classes of functions defined by differential operators in terms of generalized splines from these classes
For classes of periodic functions defined by constraints imposed on the L 1-norm of the result of action of differential operators with constant coefficients and real spectrum on these functions, we determine the exact values of the best L 1-approximations by generalized splines from the classes considered.
KeywordsDifferential Operator Periodic Function Real Root Linear Normed Space Real Spectrum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. N. Kolmogorov, “On the best approximation of functions from a given functional class,” in: Mathematics and Mechanics. Selected Works [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1985), pp. 186–189.Google Scholar
- 3.V. M. Tikhomirov, Some Problems in the Theory of Approximation [in Russian], Moscow University, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.V. F. Babenko, “Approximation in the mean under restrictions imposed on the derivatives of approximating functions,” in: Problems in Analysis and the Theory of Approximation [in Russian], Institute of Mathematics, Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, Kiev (1989), pp. 9–18.Google Scholar
- 8.N. P. Korneichuk, Exact Constants in the Theory of Approximation [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 10.V. F. Babenko, “Approximation of classes of functions determined by the modulus of continuity,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 298, No. 6, 1296–1299 (1988).Google Scholar
- 11.N. P. Korneichuk, V. F. Babenko, and A. A. Ligun, Extremal Properties of Polynomials and Splines [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1992).Google Scholar