Powerful pulsed source of seismic oscillations
A source of seismic oscillations for surface and borehole seismic prospecting is described. The source was developed at the Institute of High-Current Electronics Siberian Branch, Russian Academy of Sciences. The results of preliminary field tests are reported, and the prospects for further improvement are discussed.
KeywordsPower Line Seismic Signal Electromagnetic Pulse Storage Capacitor Secondary Coil
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. V. Kalinin (ed.), Electrospark Source of Elastic Waves for Ground-Level Seismic Prospecting [in Russian], Izd. MGU, Moscow (1989).Google Scholar
- 2.E. V. Karus, O. L. Kuznetsov, and I. S. Faizullin, Interborehole Sounding [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 3.G. A. Gulii, (ed.), Equipment and Technological Processes Based on the Electrohydraulic Effect [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.A. S. El’chaninov, Ya. F. Zagulov, B. M. Koval’chuk, et al., Prib., Tekh. Éksp., No. 4, 97 (1985).Google Scholar
- 5.A. V. Luchinskii, N. A. Ratakhin, V. F. Feduchchak, and A. N. Shepelev, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved. Fiz., No. 12, 58 (1995).Google Scholar
- 6.V. A. Burtsev, N. V. Kalinin, and A. V. Luchinskii, Electrical Explosion of Wires and Its, Application in Electrophysical Equipment [in Russian], Énergoatomizdat, Moscow (1990).Google Scholar