The influence of the gulf’s geometry on seiche oscillations in an enclosed basin
- 19 Downloads
The finite-elements technique is applied to study the effect of a basin’s geometry (bays, harbours) and location of the characteristics of seiche oscillations in the basin and in the gulf proper. An increase of the length of the bay is shown to contribute to the periods of natural oscillations and to cause their restructuring.
KeywordsNodal Line Fourth Mode Fluid Oscillation Maximal Wave Amplitude Seiche Oscillation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Konovalov, A. V., Manilyuk, Yu. V. and Cherkesov, L. V. Effect of non-linearity on seiches oscillations. In:Theoretical and Experimental Research on Surface and Internal Waves. Sevastopol: MHI (1991), pp. 68–75.Google Scholar
- 3.Zenkevich, O. and Morgan, K.Finite Elements and Approximation Moscow: Mir (1986).Google Scholar
- 4.Norry, D. and J. de Fries,Introduction to the Finite Element Method Moscow: Mir (1981).Google Scholar
- 5.Marchuk, G. I. and Agoshkov, V. I.Introduction to the Projection Grid Methods. Moscow: Nauka (1981).Google Scholar
- 6.Vladimirov, V. S.Mathematical Physics Equations, Moscow: Nauka (1981).Google Scholar
- 7.Wilkinson, J. and Reinsch, K.Reference Book of ALGOL Algorithms. Linear Algebra. Moscow: Mashinostroenie (1976).Google Scholar
- 8.Lamb, G.Hydrodynamics. Moscow: Gostekhizdat (1947).Google Scholar