Gravity change observed near Lake Biwa, Japan
- 37 Downloads
Precise gravity measurements have repeatedly been carried out in the area around Lake Biwa in Japan since 1950 in order to detect the secular change of gravity. The results obtained so far show that gravity change observed on the west line of the first order levelling route around the lake during the period of 1971∼1975 was consistent with the results of levelling surveys. This evidence shows that precise gravity measurement is one of the powerful methods for detecting vertical crustal movement.
KeywordsObservation Station Gravity Change Gravity Measurement Secular Change Vertical Crustal Movement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- N. FUJITA and Y. FUJII: Gravity change in Japan, J. Geod. Soc. Japan, 20, 77–79, 1974.Google Scholar
- Y. HAGIWARA, H. TAJIMA, S. IZUTUYA and H. HANADA: Gravity changes in the eastern part of Izu Peninsula during the period of 1975∼1976, J. Geod. Soc. Japan, 22, 201–209, 1976.Google Scholar
- T. ICHINOHE: Study on changes of gravity with time. Part II. Repeated gravity surveys in the Kinki District, Mem. Coll. Sci., Univ. Kyoto, Ser. A, 27, 317–334, 1955.Google Scholar
- T. ICHINOHE, I. NAKAGAWA and N. SUMITOMO: On secular change of gravity, Spec. Contrib. Geophys. Inst., Kyoto Univ., 1, 37–41, 1963.Google Scholar
- C. MORELLI and T. HONKASALO: Summary report on the activity 1971∼1974 of Section III (Gravimetry) of IAG, paper presented at the XVI General Assembly of IUGG, Grenoble, 1975.Google Scholar
- I. NAKAGAWAet al.: On characteristics of LaCoste & Romberg gravimeters (model G) (Part 1), J. Geod. Soc. Japan, 19, 100–112, 1973.Google Scholar
- I. NAKAGAWAet al.: On characteristics of LaCoste & Romberg gravimeters (model G) (Part 2), J. Geod. Soc. Japan, 20, 133–142, 1974.Google Scholar
- I. NAKAGAWA and M. SATOMURA: Gravity measurements near Lake Biwa-ko, Paleolimnology of Lake Biwa and the Japanese Pleistocene, 3, 181–193, 1975.Google Scholar
- W.E. STRANGE: Monitoring of secular changes of gravity in the United States, paper presented at the XVI General Assembly of IUGG, Grenoble, 1975.Google Scholar
- H. TAJIMA: Gravity change associated with earthquakes and land-deformations, Bull. Earthq. Res. Inst., Univ. Tokyo, 50, 209–272, 1975.Google Scholar