Investigations on some inorganic ion-exchangers after irradiation
- 25 Downloads
The changes in the ion exchange properties of crystalline zirconium phosphate, cerium phosphate and cerium arsenate after irradiation have been investigated. The absorbed gamma dose was 109 rad in all cases, the experiments were carried out before and immediately after irradiation with the same samples. Besides the investigations of structural change, the ion exchange behaviour of the above mentioned materials was studied in detail. The ion exchange capacities were determined using a tracer technique for the alkali metal ions, and some relations between ion exchange and structure were revealed.
KeywordsCerium Tracer Technique Zirconium Phosphate Chromium Phosphate Cerium Phosphate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. D. Kiseleva, Zh. Fiz. Khim., 36 (1962) 2465.Google Scholar
- 2.E. V. Yegoroff, P. D. Novikov, Deistvie ioniziruyuschikh izluchenii na ionoobmennie materiali, Atomizdat, Moscow, 1965.Google Scholar
- 3.C. B. Amphlett, Proc. 2nd Intern. Conf. on Peaceful Uses of Atomic Energy Geneva, 28 (1958) 17.Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Gromov, V. I. Spitsin, At. Energ. (USSR), 14 (1963) 491.Google Scholar
- 6.L. Zsinka, L. Szirtes, V. Stenger, Radiochem. Radioanal. Letters, 4 (1970) 257.Google Scholar
- 7.L. Zsinka, L. Szirtes, Acta Chim. Hung., 69 (1971) 249.Google Scholar
- 10.Zs. Horvath, E. Banyai, G. Földiak, Radiochim. Acta, 13 (1970) 150.Google Scholar
- 11.L. Szirtes, L. Zsinka, K. B. Zaborenko, B. Z. Iofa, Acta Chim. Acad. Sci. Hung., 54 (1967) 215.Google Scholar