Activation analysis and radiochemistry, comments to their interrelations
- 23 Downloads
It is the aim of this paper, to demonstrate the manyfold interrelation between radiochemistry and activation analysis. One of the main problems of both fields is the behaviour of submicro concentrations of elements and of their compounds in solids, in solution and in the gas phase. The radiochemists were the first, who have accumulated much experience, investigating the properties of the natural radionuclides. HEVESY has, somewhat later, by his proposal of activation analysis, pointed out a special and powerful way for the determination of submicro amouts of substances.
In the further development till to the present day, both fields have stimulated each other. Their exponents are specialists in understanding and handling submicro concentrations, i.e. in a section of science and technology, growing up to an outstanding importance.
KeywordsActivation Analysis Neutron Source Mixed Crystal Natural Radionuclide Automatic Data Processing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.O. HAHN, H. KÄDING, P. MUMBRAUER, 87 (1934) 387.Google Scholar
- 2.TH. v. HIRSCH, Zs. Phys. Chem. Neue Folge, 35 (1962) 24 and 43 (1964) 227.Google Scholar
- 3.G. v. HEVESY, H. LEVI, Det. Kgl. Danske Videnskabernes Selskab Mathematisk-fysiske Meddelser, 14 (1936) 5 and 15 (1936) 11.Google Scholar
- 4.G. T. SEABORG, J. J. LIVINGOOD, Phys. Rev. 60 (1938) 1784.Google Scholar
- 5.R. HENKELMANN, Radiochim. Acta, 15 (1971) 169.Google Scholar
- 8.Ch. ENGELMANN, J. Radioanal. Chem., 28 (1975) 185.Google Scholar
- 9.J. N. BARRANDON, PH. ALBERT, Rev. Phys. Appl., 3 (1968) 111.Google Scholar
- 10.J. A. MARTIN, 4th Seminar Activation Analyses, Berlin, Bundesanstalt für Materialprüfung, 1973.Google Scholar
- 11.J. LAVERLOCHERE, Proc. Intern. Symp. Utilization of Californium-252, Paris, April, 1976.Google Scholar
- 12.R. HENKELMANN, A. HUBER, S. SPECHT, H. STÄRK, J. Radioanal. Chem., 32 (1976) 265.Google Scholar
- 14.Th. C. ROBERTS Jr., N. D. ECKHOFF, R. W. CLACK, Th. C. ROBERTS Sr., Proc. Intern. Sysmp. Utilization of Californium-252, Paris, April, 1976.Google Scholar
- 15.O. HAHN, H. KÄDING, P. MUMBRAUER, I. c., 87 (1934) 387.Google Scholar
- 16.J. MARTIN, Siemens Zeitschrift 43 (1969) 180.Google Scholar