First and second moments of non-linear least-squares estimators
The first two moments of non-linear and least-squares estimators are studied. Approximate expressions for the moments are derived and discussed. The results are compared with those ofJeudy .
KeywordsCovariance Matrix Partial Derivative Order Partial Derivative Unbiased Estimator Simple Geometric Interpretation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- L.M.A. JEUDY (1988): Generalized Variance-covariance Propagation Law Formulae and Application to Explicit Least-squares Adjustments. Bulletin Géodésique, Vol. 62, No. 2, pp. 113—124.Google Scholar
- A.M. MOOD, F.A. GRAYBILL and D.C. BOES (1974): Introduction to the theory of statistics.Google Scholar
- P.J.G. TEUNISSEN (1984): A note on the use of Gauss' formulas in non-linear geodetic adjustments. Reports of the Department of Geodesy, Delft, 84.4.Google Scholar
- P.J.G. TEUNISSEN (1985): The Geometry of Geodetic Inverse Linear Mapping and Non-linear Adjustment. Neth. Geod. Comm., Publications on Geodesy, New Series, Vol. 8, No. 1.Google Scholar
- P.J.G. TEUNISSEN and E.H. KNICKMEYER (1988): Non-linearity and least-squares. CISM Journal ACSGC, Vol. 42, No. 4, pp. 321–330.Google Scholar