Determination of silicon in metals by thermal neutron activation
- 26 Downloads
A new method of silicon determination in molybdenum by the30Si(n, γ)31Si was developed. All the problems occurring during this analysis: standardization, quantitative dissolution, silicon sorption on vessels, reproducibility of β-counting...were carefully studied and new answers were brought to them. The chemical speratation of silicon was performed with a column of anion exchange resin in HCl-HF-H2O2 solution and a column of alumina at pH 9. Accuracy and reproducibility were controlled on standard samples prepared by fusion of inactive molybdenum and radioactive silicon in a plasma furnace.
KeywordsChemical Separation Anion Exchange Resin Thermal Neutron Flux Thermal Neutron Activation Silicon Impurity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.M. BRIVOT, M. COHORT, Analysis, 2 (1973) 570.Google Scholar
- 4.W. SLAVIN, A. VENGHIATTIS, D.C. MANNING, S. Newsletter, (1966) 84.Google Scholar
- 6.C. ANGLEMONT DE TASSIGNY, Thèse, Grenoble, 1972.Google Scholar
- 7.M. WILLARD, L. MERITT, J.A. DEAN, Méthodes physiques de l'analyse chimique, Dunod, Paris, 1965.Google Scholar
- 11.S. MAY, D. PICCOT, Bull. Soc. Chim., 1 (1968) 332.Google Scholar
- 12.M. FEDOROFF, C. LOOS-NESKOVIC, G. REVEL, Radiochem. Radioanal. Letters, 22 (1975) 283.Google Scholar
- 13.J.C. ROUCHAUD, M. FEDOROFF, G. REVEL, Radiochem. Radioanal. Letters, 20 (1975) 317.Google Scholar