Use of complexones for the extraction separation of rare earth and transplutonium elements with amines
- 53 Downloads
The extraction distribution and separation of rare earth elements and americium from the concentrated lithium nitrate solution with solutions of tertiary amines in organic solvents has been studied as a function of the composition and structure of complexones of the polyaminepolyacetic acid series by a radioactive tracer method. It has been found that diethylenetriaminepentaacetic acid is suitable for the separation of REE from americium(III). The apparent stability constants for the lanthanide complexes with EDTA and DTPA in concentrated litium nitrate solutions have been obtained by extraction, pH-metric titration and solubility. Using these constants, the optimum conditions of separation have been found and the separation factors of REE calculated. The calculated and experimental values are in good agreement. The optimum conditions for the separation of americium(III) from REE in a wide range of lanthanide and complexone concentrations (10−1–10−6 M) have been determined.
KeywordsDTPA Separation Factor Tertiary Amine Ethylbenzene Americium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chemistry of Long-Term Fissionable Elements, A. V. NIKOLAEV (Ed.), Atomizdat, Moscow, 1970.Google Scholar
- 2.N. M. DYTLOVA, V. Y. TEMTSINA, I. D. KOLPATSOVA, The complexones, Khimiya, Moscow, 1970.Google Scholar
- 3.V. P. SHVEDOV, A. A. KOPYRIN, V. D. DEMIDOV, Isotopenpraxis, 12 (1976) 429.Google Scholar
- 4.M. G. KOCHLY—NOTE, CEA, 816 (1967) 381.Google Scholar
- 5.G. V. KORPUISOV, E. N. PATRUSHEVA, M. S. DOLIDZE, A. E. TRUIBNIKOVA, Radiokhim, 17 (1975) 512.Google Scholar
- 6.D. KUIPER, in Solvent Extraction Chemistry of Metals, H. H. C. McKAY (Ed.), London, 1966, p. 420.Google Scholar
- 7.J. BAUER, F. LINSTRUM, U. S. Patent Of. No. 3323857, June, 1967.Google Scholar
- 10.E. G. CHUDINOV, S. V. PIROZHOV, Influence of the insalting cation on the separation of trivalent actinide elements, Reprint IAE-1904, Moscow, 1969.Google Scholar
- 11.A. A. KOPYRIN, M. Ph. Thesis, Leningrad, 1971.Google Scholar
- 14.V. P. SHVEDOV, A. A. KOPYRIN, I. K. STEPANOV, Radiokhim., 14 (1972) 755.Google Scholar
- 15.M. I. KABACHNIK, T. Y. MEDVED, N. M. DYTLOVA, M. V. RUDOMINO, Usp. Khim. 43 (1974) 1554.Google Scholar