Radiochemical studies on generator eluted113mIn chloride
- 30 Downloads
113mIn is milked out of a113Sn-113mIn generator with dilute hydrochloric acid for use in nuclear medicine. The concentrations of the various impurities like Sn, Zr and their colloidal forms which may trap113mIn activity have to be initially evaluated before releasing the generator for medicinal use. The authors have evaluated the purity of the113mIn-chloride obtained from the generators in detail. The possibility of using a mixture of HCl and NaCl as an alternative eluent for113mIn has also been investigated. It has been observed that this new eluent gives greater yields of113mIn and renders the final manipulation of isotonicity of indium labelled compounds easy.
KeywordsDTPA Radiochemical Purity Dilute Hydrochloric Acid Albumin Microsphere Indium Chloride
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. S. STERN, D. A. GOODWIN, H. N. WAGNER Jr., Nucleonics, 24 (1966) 57.Google Scholar
- 2.J. H. GILLETTE, Rep., ORNL, 3802, 1964.Google Scholar
- 4.J. P. CLEMENTS, H. N. WAGNER Jr., H. S. STERN, D. A. GOODWIN, Am. J. Roentg., 104, (1968) 139.Google Scholar
- 5.H. S. STERN, D. A. GOODWIN, U. SCHEFFEL, H. N. WAGNER Jr., H. H. KRAMER, Nucleonics, 25 (1967) 62.Google Scholar
- 6.J. F. COOPER, H. N. WAGNER Jr., Panel Proc. IAEA Radiopharm. Generator Produced Radionuclides, Vienna, 1971, STI/Pub/294, p. 83.Google Scholar
- 7.N. RAMAMOORTHY, D. V. S. NARASIMHAN, R. S. MANI, Isotopenpraxis 11 (1975) 246.Google Scholar
- 8.K. B. SANDELL, Colorimetric Determination of Traces of Metals, 3rd ed., Interscience, New York, p. 968.Google Scholar
- 10.R. D. GANATRA, (personal communication).Google Scholar
- 11.113mIn colloid Kit. Product information pamphlet. Radiochemical Centre, Amersham, 1973.Google Scholar