Advertisement

Journal of Radioanalytical Chemistry

, Volume 43, Issue 1, pp 287–293 | Cite as

Analytical procedures for radiochemical control of water-soluble99mTc-labelled radiopharmaceuticals

  • S. Archimandritis
  • E. P. Belkas
Analytical Control of Radiopharmaceuticals Section

Abstract

In this paper chromatographic systems for the accurate and reliable determination of the percentage of different species (free pertechnetate, particulate99mTc and labelled99mTc) in99mTc-labelled radiopharmaceuticals are described. The procedures are based on the simultaneous run of two different chromatograms, one in 85% CH3OH and the other in 15% H3PO4. Also, 0.9% NaCl can be used instead of 15% H3PO4 for the second chromatogram. Alternative procedures applying two dimensional chromatography on Whatman No. 1 paper or silica G plates with 85% CH3OH for the first run and 15% H3PO4 for the second are given. The applicability of these procedures is limited to water-soluble radiopharmaceuticals.

Keywords

Phosphoric Acid Paper Chromatography Paper Strip Methyl Ethyl Ketone Monomethyl Ether 
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.

Preview

Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.

Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.

References

  1. 1.
    W. C. ECKELMAN, P. RICHARDS, J. Nucl. Med., 13 (1972) 202.Google Scholar
  2. 2.
    M. W. BILLINGHURST, J. Nucl. Med., 14 (1973) 793.Google Scholar
  3. 3.
    P. E. VALK, C. A. DILTS, J. McRAE, J. Nucl. Med., 14 (1973) 235.Google Scholar
  4. 4.
    L. G. COLOMBETTI, S. MOERLIEN, G. C. PATEL, S. M. PINSKY, J. Nucl. Med., 17 (1976) 805.Google Scholar
  5. 5.
    E. P. BELKAS, A. D. VARVARIGOU, Intern. J. Appl. Radiation Isotopes, 27 (1976) 590.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
  6. 6.
    E. P. BELKAS, D. C. PERRICOS, Radiochim. Acta, 11 (1969) 56.Google Scholar

Copyright information

© Akadémiai Kiadó 1978

Authors and Affiliations

  • S. Archimandritis
    • 1
  • E. P. Belkas
    • 1
  1. 1.Isotopes DivisionNuclear Research Center DemocritosAthens(Greece)

Personalised recommendations