Role of solvents in the synergistic extraction of metal complexes
- 67 Downloads
The extraction equilibria of Co(II) and Zn(II) complexes with 4-benzoyl-2,4-dihydro-5-methyl-2-phenyl-3H-pyrazol-3-one in the presence of tributyl phosphate have been investigated in eight ‘inert’ solvents employing the radioisotopes cobalt-60 and zinc-65. The activity coefficients of different species in the organic phase and the solubility parameter of the adduct have been calculated with the help of regular solution theory. A regularity is observed in the correlation between the adduct formation constant and the activity coefficient of the species.
KeywordsAdduct Molar Volume Activity Coefficient Chlorobenzene Distribution Ratio
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. V. HEALY, Nucl. Sci. Eng., 16 (1963) 413.Google Scholar
- 3.J. HALA, Chemicke Listy, 73 (1979) 225.Google Scholar
- 4.Y. MARCUS, A. S. KERTES, Ion Exchange and Solvent Extraction of Metal Complexes, Wiley-Interscience, London, 1969, p. 815.Google Scholar
- 5.J. H. HILDEBRAND, R. L. SCOTT, Solubility of Non-electrolytes, Dover, New York, 1964.Google Scholar
- 10.G. N. RAO, J. S. THAKUR, J. Sci. Ind. Research, 34 (1975) 11.Google Scholar
- 14.M. F. PUSHLEMKOV, E. V. KOMOVOV, O. N. SHUVALOV, Radiokhim., 2 (1960) 537.Google Scholar