An isotope dilution method for environmental lead determinations
- 37 Downloads
A method is described for the use of212Pb to measure overall recovery in lead analyses. Other modifications of published procedures are also outlined. Most difficulties occur with samples containing small amounts (<10 μg) of Pb. In addition to low recovery factors, spectra are often obscured by the presence of dithizone oxidation product: a procedure for dealing with this is given.
KeywordsDithizone Tracer Solution Isotope Dilution Method Sodium Metabisulphite Lead Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. B. SANDELL, Colorimetric Determination of Traces of Metals, 3rd ed., Interscience Inc., New York, 1959.Google Scholar
- 2.C. L. BRANQUINHO, M. Sc. Thesis, COPPE-Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, December 1973.Google Scholar
- 3.C. L. BRANQUINHO, V. J. ROBINSON, to be published.Google Scholar
- 4.Our thanks to Dr. A. G. DA SILVA of I.E.N. for providing the emanating source.Google Scholar
- 5.Calculated from the spectrum e.g. as given on p. 165 of Ref. 1.Google Scholar