Extraction of group VIII elements with 1-phenyl-3-methyl-4-trifluoroacetyl-pyrazolone-5
- 30 Downloads
The extraction of group VIII elements with 1-phenyl-3-methyl-4-trifluoracetyl-pyrazolone-5 from aqueous solutions in chloroform has been studied as a function of pH. Fe(III), Ni(II), Pd(II) and Rh(III) show partial extraction whereas Co(II) is extracted quantitatively. The effect of citrate, cyanide, fluoride, iodide, thiosulphate and thiourea on the extraction of metal ions has been investigated. Back-extraction studies were carried out to strip metal ions from organic phase into appropriate aqueous solutions. Based on these findings some useful analytical separations have been proposed and a few of their possible applications have been discussed.
KeywordsThiourea Rhodium Arsenopyrite Thiosulphate Enolic Form
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Y. MARCUS, A. S. KERTES, Ion Exchange and Solvent Extraction of Metal Complexes, Wiley and Sons, London, 1969, p. 207.Google Scholar
- 2.S. M. HASANY, I. H. QURESHI, J. Radioanal. Chem., 40 (1977) 29.Google Scholar
- 3.S. M. HASANY, IMTIAZ HANIF, I. H. QURESHI, Intern. J. Appl. Radiation Isotopes, (in the press).Google Scholar
- 6.A. HAGGAG, W. SANAD, A. ALIAN, N. TADROES, J. Radioanal. Chem., 35 (1977) 253.Google Scholar
- 7.I. V. PYATNITSKII, Analytical Chemistry of Cobalt (English Translation), S. Manson, Jerusalem, 1966, p. 8.Google Scholar
- 8.F. A. COTTON, G. WILKINSON, Advance Inorganic Chemistry, Wiley and Sons, New York, 1962.Google Scholar
- 9.O. T. HOGDAHL, The Radiochemistry of Palladium, NAS-NS 3052, U. S. Atomic Energy Commission, 1961.Google Scholar
- 13.W. E. FORD, Dana's Textbook of Mineralogy, 4th Ed., Wiley and Sons, New York, 1962.Google Scholar