An analytical representation of the response of the NaI(T1) detector for the gamma-ray spectrum analysis
- 55 Downloads
An analytical function for describing the response function of γ-rays from the NaI(Ti) detector was constructed with the purpose of establishing the method of automatic γ-ray spectrum analysis. The response was found to be divided into six portions; the function of each portion joins smoothly to the one representing the adjacent part. Empirical equations for the parameters specifying the response function were found as functions of the γ-ray energy in relation to the detector dimension. The obtained response function was fitted to the observed spectrum by the least squares method. The calculated spectrum agreed well with the observed one.
KeywordsResponse Function Analytical Representation Channel Number Fitting Region Single Straight Line
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.H. BABA, H. OKASHITA, S. BABA, T. SUZUKI, H. UMEZAWA, H. NATSUME, J. Nucl. Sci. Technol. (Tokyo), 8 (1971) 703.Google Scholar
- 4.See for example; P. QUITTNER, R. E. WAINERDI, At. Energy Rev., 8 (1970) 361, or R. L. HEATH, Modern Trends in Activation Analysis, J. R. DEVOE, (Ed.) Vol. 2, NBS, Washington, D. C., 1969.Google Scholar
- 8.L. SALMON, Proc. Symp. on Radiochemical Methods of Analysis, Vol. 2, IAEA, Vienna, 1965, p. 125.Google Scholar
- 10.R. O. CHESTER, P. W. PEELLE, F. C. MAIENSHEIN, Proc. Symp. on Applications of Computers to Nuclear and Radiochemistry, National Academy of Science Report, NAS-NS-3107, 1963, p. 201.Google Scholar
- 11.K. OTOZAI, An Experimental Chemistry Course, Nuclear and Radiochemistry, Maruzen, Tokyo, 1966, p. 189.Google Scholar
- 12.S. YOKOYAMA, J. SATO, Proc. of the 7th Conf. on Radioisotopes, Japan Atomic Industrial Forum, Inc., Tokyo, 1966, p. 447.Google Scholar
- 13.R. L. HEATH, Scintillation Spectrometry. Gamma-ray Spectrum Catalogue, USAEC Report, IDO-16880-1, TID-4500, 1964.Google Scholar
- 16.T. SEKINE, H. BABA, to be published.Google Scholar
- 17.H. BABA, T. SEKINE, S. BABA, H. OKASHITA, Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute Report, JAERI-1227, 1973.Google Scholar