Radiohochspannungsionophoretische Untersuchung der Hydrolyse von Trithionat und Tetrathionat
Outer and inner35S-labelled S3O 6 2− and S4O 6 2− are prepared and then hydrolyzed at different temperatures. The separation of the reaction mixture is made by high-voltage paper ionophoresis. The amount of activity is determined directly on the paper by liquid scintillation. The ratios of activity of the reaction products are compared with those calculated on the basis of three different reaction mechanisms. All experimental results agree very well with the authors' proposed reaction mechanism via the unsymmetrical intermediate−O3S−SOH. The influence of the isotope exchange between S2O 3 2− and SO 3 2− on the ratio of activity is examined at different temperatures. Attempts have been made also to capture the SO 3 2− which orginates from the first step of the S4O 6 2− decomposition.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. KURTENACKER, M. KAUFMANN, Z. Anorg. Allgem Chem., 148 (1925) 365.Google Scholar
- 3.C. J. HANSEN, Ber., 66 (1933) 1009.Google Scholar
- 4.M. GOEHRING, Fortschr. Chem. Forsch., 2 (1952) 474.Google Scholar
- 6.E. M. MARSHAK, Khim. Nauka i Promy. 2 (1957) 524; C. A. 52 (1958) 6040.Google Scholar
- 7.A. FAVA, D. DIVO, Gazz. Chim. Ital., 83 (1953) 99.Google Scholar
- 8.E. BLASIUS, H. WAGNER, Chemiker-Ztg., 98 (1974) 154.Google Scholar
- 9.A. SANDER, Angew. Chem., 28 (1915) 273.Google Scholar
- 10.H. HERTLEIN, Z. Phys. Chem., 19 (1896) 291.Google Scholar
- 11.R. WILLSTÄTTER, Ber., 26 (1903) 1831.Google Scholar