Untersuchungen an Geologischen Materialien Durch Messung der Natürlichen Gamma-aktivität
- 25 Downloads
Investigations of natural activity of several geological materials by γ-spectrometry using a Ge(Li)-detector are described. The determination of thorium and uranium contents is possible up to minimum concentrations of about 10 ppm Th and 1 ppm U. The results of this method are compared with results of different methods of activation analysis. In the most cases the agreement is very well. If the decay-chain of238U is not in equilibration, it is possible to estimate the geological oldness of the sample in a range between about 20 000 and 200 000 years.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. A. S. ADAMS, J. K. OSMEND, J. J. W. ROGERS, The Geochemistry of Th and U in Physics and Chemistry of the Earth, Pergamon, Oxford, 1959.Google Scholar
- 2.R. D. CHERRY, Natural Radiation Environment, Chapter 25, University of Chicago Press, 1964.Google Scholar
- 3.T. M. FLORENCE, AAEC/TM 552, 1970.Google Scholar
- 4.W. LÖTSCH, Kernenergie, 7 (1964) 570.Google Scholar
- 7.G. LOOS, Dissertation, TU Dresden, 1973.Google Scholar
- 8.A. J. MOSES, Nuclear Techniques in Analytical Chemistry, Pergamon, Oxford, 1964.Google Scholar